You and your provider may decide that a telehealth appointment is more appropriate than meeting in person. This joint decision could be made for the following symptoms:
• Screening for Coronavirus and discussion of next steps
• Follow up of medication changes
• Diabetic blood sugar management
• Extensive discussion of tests
• Depression and anxiety counseling and medication
• Sinus infections
During times such as pandemics, when physical isolation might be necessary, telehealth could be available for almost any problem! Contact your provider’s team to determine whether a telehealth appointment is the right way to best treat your situation.
Your provider team will then set up an appointment that allows you to talk to your provider over a video chat using your smartphone or a computer browser.
Telehealth appointments are treated as office visits and will be billed to your insurance company as such